Just wanted to say.. 哎呀,爱啊。
Oh yes, let me introduce this term called mûjô (pronounced as moo-jou), which I learnt from Japanese films. This is a traditional Japanese concept that things in life are transient. Things like life itself, relationships, and things in nature. 很多东西都不能太执着。 I get over things pretty quickly now partly because of the realisation that it's just part of life. I know there's a tinge (or more than a tinge) of indifference in it lah. Babies are born, people die - it's all part of our life cycle. People change, people become emotionally distant due to physical distances, and relationships sour. Many things are inevitable (unless you consciously and intentionally prevent them).
In the same way, I don't believe in the notion of "forever". No, not in immortality, not in the "永远爱你" that I hear on the airwaves ever too often. I always smile and think to myself, is that really possible? What about when a couple decides to break up? When that happens, where does the "forever" go? Yah, okay, I'm being cynical. But I don't think I'm entirely wrong.
I strongly believe in this too: 世上没有笨的孩子,只有懒惰用脑的孩子。 I came up with it, haha. We become stupid only when we've (voluntarily or involuntarily) lost the ability to think. I've been telling my cousin, yes, you can work hard, but work hard where? In flipping the textbook? In doing TYS-es? Or in thinking? I could probably throw her tonnes of TYS-es to do, and that would improve her grades for now, but not for the future. Stuffing her with TYS-es wouldn't increase her intelligence level. ‘勤能补拙’的‘勤’若被误解了,我想‘拙’不但补不了,反而还会弄巧成拙呢。